Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sound Bite

Hello my lovelies!! Weren't expecting me now, were you? Surprise!! It's Random! I'm here to introduce a new thing to our Fangdom: Sound Bites. Every once in awhile we will be posting music that we find to be very vampirey or very dark in a sense. We might also post some bands that we just like in general, but for the most part it'll be musicians that we feel perfectly suit the vampire genre.


I will be starting off this new column with a band that I quite enjoy (although Buffyrules would like to argue that the band hardly exists anymore). That band is Evanescence.




How many of us can forget "Bring Me to Life," "My Immortal," "Haunted"? Those songs practically scream vampire. Fallen was Evanescence's gold mine-or should I say-platinum mine. There isn't a single bad song on that CD, you can listen to it from start to finish and never get tired of it. I should know, I've done it many times.


2003 was a good year for them; if only Ben Moody hadn't left!! After Fallen came the Open Door, a bit more melodic than Fallen. It's interesting when you first hear it. I personally like "Weight of the World," "Lithium," and "Lose Control." The only issue I have with this CD is once you listen through the entire thing...you get bored with the songs very easily. It's like the symphonies are just too much and over power the rock edge that Evanescence was famous for. It's a lovely CD if you want to fall asleep and have crazy nightmares, but for me it was just okay.


After that the band fell apart. Amy Lee is the only member of Evanescence left, all of the originals have gone on to do better things, making me wonder what Evanescence will sound like now. The band was originally supposed to release their next album this year, but by the sounds of it, it's being pushed back quite a bit.


I still have faith in Evanescence. I still think they are a great band and Amy Lee's voice is unmatched by any other singer I have come across. Truly a superb singer.


Another CD of Evanescence's that you should try to get your hands on is Origin. It's the Pre-Fallen CD and has some pretty crazy sounding tracks."Whisper" and "Imaginary" have a different sound from what you hear on the Fallen CD, and all the others are just very dark and very reminiscent of the old Evanescence. It makes me miss Ben Moody when I hear some of the tracks. "Eternal" is Buffyrules' personal favorite. Seven minutes and twenty two seconds of pure instrumental bliss. How can anyone not love the track? I'm especially fond of the section where the song just sounds like a thunderstorm raging. If you'd like to get ahold of these tracks or the entire CD you can download it off the internet at evanescencereference. Amy Lee and Ben Moody actually stated in an interview that they wanted fans to just download the CD, so don't feel like you're doing something wrong by doing it.


I'm really excited about what's coming up for our Fangdom. Sorry for the various delays, but we do have lives and it gets in the way sometimes. Please forgive us and keep on reading our blog. We truly appreciate those of you who do.

No comments:

Post a Comment