Monday, July 5, 2010

Eclipse Review

Hey everyone! This is Scarc91989 reporting from the confines of her bedroom... must love laptops.
Anyways, I'm here to give you (my lovely readers) my quick review of the movie Eclipse. Simply put... I've seen it three time and plan to go see it again, that should say something. All-in-all though my overall rating for Twilight Saga: Eclipse is an A- or a B+. The reasoning is below. Warning... this might contain spoilers, you have been warned.
There are several reasons why I'm not giving it a solid A and those reasons are: I think they could have done a better job making Edward and the other vamps sparkle, Jasper's uniform could have been more realistic, and they could have made one of the scenes with Kristen Stewart (Bella) not look like a little kid.
There were moments in the movie when Edward and other vamps did not sparkle in the sunlight. One moment being in the last scene in the meadow when Bella and Edward are discussing the wedding plans. Jasper's uniform is supposed to have a yellow sash instead of a red sash and there are minor errors made to the pants and collar. (My brother, Daniel, who I dragged to the movie with me, pointed out these errors. He is a Civil War buff.) And, as for Kristen Stewart looking like a little kid - I think she looks twelve and I blame it on the costume and wig she is wearing. (The picture on the right is the only picture that I can get that shows what I'm talking about... it's not the best example, the best example is when she's using her blood to "mark" the tree while leaving a path for the newborns - at least when the camera backs away and shows her leaving the tree. No copyright infringement intended, all rights belong to their rightful owners in regard to this picture.)
My favorite parts, or scenes you should say, of the movie are: the fight scenes, the tent scene, when Bella punches Jacob and the subsequent exchange with Edward/Jacob & Charlie, "the talk" scene, and the wolves - in general. All those scenes I believe were done exceptionally well by both the actors/actresses involved and the CGI crew.
Now... I must leave you my lovely readers. My personal thought... go watch the movie. If you love it, sweet! If you hate it, at least you can say you watched it. And if you are in the middle, once again... at least you can say you watched it. For the guys, as my brother, Daniel, said 'It's good except for the romantic crap.'
- Scarc91989

No comments:

Post a Comment