Friday, May 14, 2010

CreatureFeature:Werewolves


Hey everyone! I'm posting this earlier than usual due to the fact that I won't have internet access on Saturday - the usual post date.
Werewolves, also known as lycanthropes, are humans that are able to change into a wolf, or another wolf-like creature, either voluntarily or via a curse or being bitten/scratched by another werewolf. They are typically associated to undergoing this change at a full moon.
Werewolves are mainly a European character but have also spread throughout the world as time has passed. They have supernatural abilities, like: strength and increased senses. And, are thought to be vulnerable to silver.
The one thing I found extremely interesting while I was looking up information to write this was that Native Americans have something similar to werewolves... a human that can change into an animal... but they are called "shapeshifters".
That's all I have for right now. I'll be adding more detail in a later posting. As for now, enjoy the blog.
- Scarc91989

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why but I find it hilarious how werewolves are Europeans and vampires are Middle Easterners. I think it'd make more sense the other way around.

    I've heard stuff about Shapeshifters as well, I wonder if that's what Stephenie Meyer meant for Jacob Black and his pack. Remember how at the end of BD they said that Jacob Black wasn't a real werewolf?

    I'm intrigued and looking forward to the rest of your post! Amazing job so far Scarc!

    ReplyDelete