Sunday, June 13, 2010

Buffy Moment and Nerdy Passion

For those of you that are unfortunate enough to not know what I mean by a 'Buffy Moment' let me explain... I had a brief moment where I was reminded of a quote from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which should be discussed in this blog at some point). The moment you might ask was while I was with one of my brothers. He was telling me about how he didn't pass the written portion of a test and BANG! I had a Buffy Moment.



Master: You were destined to die! It was written!

Buffy: What can I say? I flunked the written.

(Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Season 1; Prophecy Girl)
*I told my brother this quote and we had a good laugh.
As for my other topic that is included in the title of this post... "Nerdy Passion"... it comes from hanging out with a couple of friends (a girl and her 15/16 yr. old brother) today in which we discussed our "Nerdy Passion". A nerdy passion, according to our definition, is something that you are completely obsessed with... to the degree that you'd be considered a "nerd" in that subject. My nerdy passion... if you must know... is volcanoes and fire. I probably have others, but that is my biggest one. My girl-friend's brother and I decided that her nerdy passion was benefiting from other people's nerdy passions while his nerdy passion was the fact that he is completely obsessed with Lord of the Rings and has read/watched all the extended versions/clips for it.

So, in an effort to gain a better understanding of the readers of this blog I ask... what is your nerdy passion?
- Scarc91989

No comments:

Post a Comment